PDA

View Full Version : Robben to Leave Chelsea?

Meerkat
11-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Chelsea winger Arjen Robben says he will consider his options if manager Jose Mourinho continues to rotate his starting XI throughout the season.

The 22-year-old, who has started just 10 of Chelsea's 20 games this season and has no goals and two assists, wants more regular first-team soccer.

"If I am not in the team, I will have to consider other options," he was quoted in the News of the World. "There are players here who get lots of money for doing nothing, but I don't want that to be me, I am too young."

Robben's relationship with Jose Mourinho has reportedly been frosty since he was he was substituted in a Champions League match against Real Betis last season.

But, after an early-season injury forced the Dutchman out for a month, Robben has revealed he has been promised more playing time.

"The club has said I will be playing more regularly," he said. "So let's wait and see."

Should Robben become available, it could alert the attentions of Spanish giants Real Madrid, who were heavily linked to the forward during the summer.